Parnilla Ghastly

"Parnilla Ghastly - what an odd name? What an odd life! I guess it makes sense that an odd name and odd life would go hand in hand. Although my life didn't start off that way. At the age of six my parents and I moved from our ancestral village of Ipswich, England to Paris, France. I was told it was to start a new life. I think it was because my parents really enjoyed the croissants. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual about that so far. Living in Paris was quite nice. Who wouldn't love it? The architecture, the food, the people and especially the young French boys!

I don't remember much about my life before leaving Ipswich, but I do have a fuzzy memory of one thing. It was Christmas time and I was at a party. It was quite crowded. But for some reason I only remember a dark haired young boy (wearing a large top hat), and a young girl that had very long black hair and she was sitting by herself - for some reason she looked vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure why. Whenever I asked my parents about it they say they know nothing of this party and that it was probably a dream.

While growing up in Paris, I attended a trade school learning the art of clothes making. When I turned 15 my parents arranged for me to work at the fashion house of the famed designer Lulu De la Poupee of the House of De la Poupee. That same year my parents disappeared and I was left a ward of Madame. I worked hard starting as an apprentice. Once I developed I was used as a model then finally promoted to head designer for the celebrated couturier.

On my 20th birthday I decided to return to Ipswich in search of my parent's whereabouts. Maybe I could find the manor where the Christmas party was held? Did it really exist? Was it all a dream? Who was the dark haired girl and will I reunite with the little boy wearing the large top hat? Only time will tell. By the way, in case you were wondering, my birthday is April 24, 1924."

I loved this girl the moment I saw her, so it wasn't a difficult decision to bring her home. Many of the photos I have seen on the internet haven't really done her justice, however, in real life she is really quite spectacular.

TONNER STOCK PHOTO

Rainbow Evening Parnilla was designed by Joe Petrollese (former design director at the Tonner Doll company), sculpted by Robert Tonner and made exclusively for the 2014 Wilde Imagination Ghastly Collection. Long sold out and difficult to find, she was a limited edition of just 350 pieces.

Her face paint is lovely, her gown drapes beautifully over her slender body and the rainbow colours in the fabric are captured so well by the light.

Comments