Evangeline Ghastly

"The weather on the night of Evangeline’s birth was as expected. The wind was howling, the moon was full, and the doctor was unavailable. And so begins the story of Evangeline Ghastly. With a mysterious diary entry, a pet skunk named Mouette, and fashions right out of a Victorian novel, Evangeline is definitely . . . a whole other story!

Evangeline is what most people would call unfortunate; she likes to think she is just misunderstood. Born on 24th April, 1924, in Ipswich, England. Evangeline Ghastly is a quirky girl who lives in the attic of Barkley Manor, where she was born - totally unaware that this may not be the norm. She spends most of her time alone, but she really doesn’t mind at all.

She’s a self-taught seamstress who enjoys sewing and creating all of her outfits from vintage pieces she finds laying around the attic, although she’s not quite sure who left them here. Evangeline wears her new outfits when walking through the cemetery, writing in her diary or as fashionable work attire for her job at Mort’s Mortuary.

She’s hoping Mort’s nephew, Mortimer, notices her one day."

There are many Evangelines to choose from on eBay, but this one was here in Oz, so the big saving on shipping was enticing. Although I wasn't enamoured with the cape that came with her, I loved everything else about her costume, so she came home.

In the photos I had seen, her "eye makeup" had looked a little strange, but when I received her, I was pleasantly surprised with how different her eyes looked in real life. I was also greatly relieved, as it meant I didn't have to re-paint them.



I removed the original cape, and I am extremely happy with the way she looks now.

Comments